Oh my WORRDDDDDDddddd, you guys. I have to talk a bit about a life purpose, because it's SUPER important, m'kay?
A few days ago I posted some of the artwork we have hanging in our home - and today, I wanna talk about WHY.
There are a few things that are SUPER important to us as humans. And while it's different for each person, the motives behind them tend to ask the same question: What kind of person do we want to be while we're here? What kind of life do we want to live?
It's REALLY important for me to be able to put quotes that have deep meaning around our home. (And in my journal... and in the mirror while I do my hair...)
So WHY is it important to keep our life purpose(s) visible DAILY?
Because when we SEE our goals, purpose, and vision around us, our minds are consistently kept on THAT thing. When I do dishes, I see a tiny little print I taped to the wall that says "you are loved." Because, I've struggled with loving myself, and I need to be reminded.
Because there's something really special about giving ourselves reminders. The Bible talks about this (Deut. 6:9), when the Israelites are told to write the on the doorposts, and post the truths of God on their gates!
- Because... I. NEED. REMINDING. I need reminders to help me be the kind of person I want to be towards others. Reminders of the life I want to live. The kind of Mom I want to be. The kind of family we want to raise. And, my favorite, a reminder of just how STRONG I am, which inspires me to not give up when the going gets tough. (Philipians 4:13)
I think we ALL need daily reminders. Things that we can see when we wake up. When we put on our makeup, get our workout in, or fold the laundry. Reminders that our dreams are worth pursuing. That we are loved, that our people important... and that this life is so, SO good.
There are a few ways we can keep ourselves reminded every day! Here are a few of my favorites:
- Set a reminder on your phone! When you're about to go to work, or home to your family/puppies/second job, have a timed reminder with good quote pop up on your phone! This is AWESOME to help in those transition phases of your day.
- Wash Tape! There's nothing like the stress of having to fill holes if you're living in a rental... and hanging pictures tend to be less-likely to get moved around in our home! But a few pieces of wash tape on a print can look super-cute... it's super easy to switch up the art, and your walls won't be messed up!
- Put them in windows/mirrors! The corners of your mirrors are the perfect spot to tuck a quote card. Or, your can use a dry erase marker to write directly on a mirror of window!
- Write it DIRECTLY on yourself! I mean... you can totally get a tattoo if that's your jam, but I prefer a less-permanent route. A quick sharpie marker reminder on my arm is one of my FAVORITE things to do. (I would also love to get some of this semi-permanent ink from InkBox!)
- A Letterboard! These are a SUPER cute way to decorate... and they also are really easy to swap out the letters. You can change the quote depending on what you need to hear that day (or week/month).
So, friend...what do YOU need to be reminded of?
➢ Psssst..... I'm getting ready to open up custom artwork again, so I can help you create some awesome reminders for your home! Make sure you're signed up for the CW newsletter so you don't miss the chance to get a custom piece!